I am asked daily on book recommendations for parents. There are so many stages of child development, sleep, eating, gentle parenting, gentle disciplining, etc that I can’t possibly list them all every single time someone asks so I decided it was a great time to create an evolving list of books I have read plus ones that are next on my list! I will add to the list as well as more books are added to my personal list!
- Safe Infant Sleep
- Rest, Play, Grow
- The Conscious Parent
- Hold on to Your Kids
- Sweet Sleep
- Building Bridges (for highly sensitive kids)
- Out of Control, Why Disciplining Your Child Won’t Work- and What Will
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting
- Gentle Discipline: Using Emotional Connection – Not Punishment – to Raise Confident, Capable Kids
- Positive Parenting: An Essential Guide
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind
- Discipline Without Distress
- Playful Parenting
- Hands are not for Hitting
- Feet are not for Kicking
- Teeth are not for Biting
- When I’m Feeling (Angry)
If you are looking for prenatal or postpartum fitness resources, please refer to the homepage of my blog for my free guide!
Other blogs of interest:
- Pregnancy Blog (for books and resources during pregnancy)
- Baby Led Weaning (for BLW books and resources)
If you choose to order a book for the above list, know that you are directly supporting my family through the affiliate links as well as allowing me to keep this blog ad free!