My garden is starting to yield some massive zucchinis and a few jalapeños are starting to pop too! You obviously don’t have to grow your own veggies to make this bread but I am super proud of my garden and the harvests its beginning to provide me with!
This recipe made two loaves, you can easily half it if you want!
- 3 cups grated zucchini- do not squeeze out water
- 1 chopped jalapeno
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Heat oven to 350
- Spray two 9×5 loaf pans
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients- I add flour last
- Mixture will be very thick
- Spoon into prepared loaf pan and bake 45-60 minutes (depending on your oven)
- Insert a toothpick and remove from oven when it comes out clean
- Let cool completely before cutting or storing to freeze
I ended up freezing one loaf by letting it cool, wrapping it in tin foil, and storing in a gallon zip lock bag!
Thank you so much for visiting the blog! As you know, this is an ad free blog thanks to your support on my commissionable links. If you need a new kitchen item, here are all of my kitchen essentials