Our Missouri farm has a huge pear tree and a few weekends ago we collected a ton of them! I wanted to make a bunch of pear sauce (think applesauce but with pears) for Oakley and Dean! Plus- this recipe doesn’t require canning and the jars will stay good in the freezer for six months!
- 14 large pears, skinned and cored
- 1 lemon- zest and juice (4 TBSP)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine water, lemon juice, and zest in a large bot. Add skinned and cored pear quarters
- Heat the mixture to a strong simmer and cook for 10 minutes
- Gently mash with a potato masher
- Simmer for an additional 10 minutes
- Puree with an immersion blender
- Once smooth, continue to simmer and add sugar and cinnamon
- Stir often to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Ladle into clean jars
- Can if desired but they do last six months in the freezer without
Yields 4-5 pints depending on the size of pears used!