I honestly wasn’t sure if I would ever see the day when I got to write about a product I am so passionate about: the oyster pills! If you follow me on instagram, you know the conviction behind this supplement (all videos saved to my “oyster” highlight on @sarah_bowmar IG).
How To Order (might be sold out, please don’t yell at me)
My best friend told me about these oyster pills and how it helped her libido. Intrigued, I went to order and they were limiting the number customers could buy because their inventory was so low. It was the winter of 2020 and their New Zealand supplier was having trouble getting enough raw material to keep their product on the shelves. I was able to start taking them but because of the on and off with the inventory, I couldn’t consistently take them because I couldn’t order enough to take them for consecutive months.
In the summer of 2021 I got pregnant with my son and the oyster pills weren’t even a thought as they were out of stock so much (even though you can take them while pregnant). Fast forward to summer of 2022 after I had my son (and after I started HRT), I started back up on the oyster pills AND LET ME TELL YOU. These WORK when you can take them consistently. The company I was taking them from reached back out to my in summer of 2023 and let me know that we (Bowmar Nutrition) could finally wholesale them!
I have been talking and sharing these for months even though our private label ones just launched. Why? I am THAT passionate about these that I wanted everyone to get started on them before we even sold them on our website. So the formula is the same as Earthley’s as we are buying from them. We are simply wholesaling them. Which is even better because they do just as much research as we do into products so these have been double studied and tested for YOU.
So, how did these help me?
- Low libido
- Oysters are extremely rich in zinc which is essential for testosterone production (and for men, maintenance of healthy sperm)
- Oysters contain large amounts of tyrosine (amino acid) that boost dopamine which is a hormone that increases libido in both men and women
- Oysters are packed with nutrients that are essential for sexual health, including zinc, calcium, and magnesium. These minerals are crucial for the production of testosterone and other sex hormones, which in turn leads to increased libido, better sexual function, and stronger erections (men)
- Zinc also helps to increase sperm count and motility in men, while improving fertility in women
- Immune support
- Increased HRV
- Reduction in RHR
- Reduction in respiratory rate
Please note, I recommend everyone get their hormones checked. I am using these in conjunction with HRT (more on that here). If you are taking this product in hopes it will help libido and it doesn’t, you may have other hormonal issues going on that need addressed. This product has benefits outside of sexual health but I know this is a big reason a lot of people are using this product. I take 3-4 a day and am on HRT.
Oyster-Min Capsules fills in the gaps where other herbs leave off! We use a blend of dehydrated oyster meat, mustard seed powder, and celery seed powder. Our oyster powder has been tested and found to be free of heavy metals (less than 1 ppm). Oysters are the richest natural source of zinc, and one of the richest in selenium and B12. They also contain a wide variety of other trace minerals and amino acids, meaning they’re naturally in perfect balance. There’s no risk of “overdosing” with these either! The minerals are also highly bioavailable, since they’re just as they’re normally found in nature.
What does this mean for you? Tons of health benefits, beyond “just” getting necessary vitamins and minerals! Mustard seeds are tiny and often ignored, but they are a powerhouse of nutrition! They are in the brassicaceae family, just like broccoli, and have similar health benefits. Rich in sulphorane, they promote bladder health, and may protect against certain types of cancer. Celery seeds are an oft-ignored source of many key nutrients! They’re rich in iron, zinc, and calcium. They have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, helping to relieve pain. They also promote gut health!
- Supports thyroid health (a rich source of iodine)
- Supports healthy mood and may fight depression
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Promotes sexual health and libido
- Supports healthy metabolism and balanced blood sugar
- Supports bladder and urinary tract health
- Potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Promotes gut health
- May reduce the risk of some types of cancer
- Oyster Meat Powder – Rich in zinc, selenium, and B12; supports immune health, heart health, sexual health
- Mustard Seed Powder – Antioxidant, supports immune health, supports heart health, balances blood sugar
- Celery Seed Powder – Anti-inflammatory, rich in iron and manganese
Oyster-Min supports energy, immune health, heart health, sexual health, thyroid health, metabolism, and so much more! All in a vegetable capsule for ease of use.
- ABSOLUTELY NO colors, flavors, sugars, fillers, binders, allergens (corn, soy, gluten, dairy, egg, nuts), or any junk!
- Men and women can both take these
- You will have a boost in energy with these so we don’t recommend taking close to bed
- You will “feel” them start to work in as little as 30 minutes
- These do not replace fish oil
- There is no weird taste or smell
- They are safe for pregnancy and breast feeding but please consult with your doctor too
- We recommend starting with 2 per day and adjusting from there. Some people take 4 – 6. It all depends on your personal needs. You can’t “overdose” on these, although you may notice your energy levels getting too high (and may have trouble unwinding/falling asleep at night) if you take too much for your needs. If you experience this, decrease the dose.
- Do not take these if you have a shellfish allergy