I was fortunate to harvest my spring archery turkey a few days ago and wanted to make a copycat soup from a local bakery! There’s is spicier than this turned out to be, and they use chicken instead of turkey (which you can do too)!
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 yellow onion- diced
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 carrots- diced
- 2 red bell peppers- diced
- 2 TBSP Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups broth (I used the broth from cooking the turkey thighs in the crockpot)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1lb wild turkey breast meat- shredded
- 2 cups basmati rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare rice- we batch cook our rice, so I just grab from that!
- In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil and add onions, garlic, carrots, and peppers
- Sauté for 5 minutes
- Add broth, coconut milk, and curry paste- boil
- Add cooked turkey and salt and pepper. Reduce to simmer for 20 minutes
- Add rice and stir to combine
- Serve warm!
Thank you so much for visiting the blog! As you know, this is an ad-free blog thanks to your support with my commissionable links. If you need a new kitchen item, here are all of my kitchen essentials