Oakley is now 2.5 years old and LOVING gummies. I have made it a goal in 2023 to make a lot of the things that I could easily just buy at the store. Not only do I know what is going into the food but it also allows Oakley to help me. For the gummies, she was able to use the dropped to fill the entire gummy tray. She took such pride in eating them too and told me with each bite “we made these”. Seeing her so proud of herself was worth the extra effort it took to make them!
You can use any juice you want to use but there are proven benefits to the tart cherry juice when it comes to sleep! The research shows that tart cherry juice increases sleep time and sleep efficiency. This may be because tart cherry juice increases the bioavailability of tryptophan and increases your body’s production of melatonin. It also contains vitamins, has antioxidant benefits, and anti-inflammatory benefits as well.
We have these gummy molds at home (they come with the little droppers). If you don’t want to purchase anything new- you don’t have to! You could easily pour this into a 9×9 baking dish and cut them into squares once they are set up!
- 1 cup tart cherry juice
- 1 scoop raspberry peach collagen (can use unflavored collagen or gelatin packets instead)
- 1 TBSP honey (can omit or replace with maple syrup if serving these to children under one)
- In a small pot over medium heat, add juice and slowly add collagen
- Stir until collagen is dissolved
- Reduce heat and add honey- stir until combined
- Remove from heat and either fill the gummy tray or 9×9
- Place in freezer until molds are set up
- Remove and enjoy!