We were at the store the other day and I saw the blueberry muffins (the kind we all had in our lunchboxes) and I decided to make some at home! I absolutely love baking at home, I don’t feel bad enjoying a sweet treat every once in a while when it’s something I’ve made.
The crumble topping is optional, but such a game changer!
- 2 cups flour
- 8 TBSP melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sourdough discard
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP melted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Set oven to 350 and line a 12 count muffin tin
- Combine all muffin ingredients minus blueberries
- Stir until combined
- Add blueberries and fold gently
- Divide the batter into evenly into the muffin tins
- In a separate bowl, combine crumble ingredients
- Top batter with crumble and gently press in
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes and enjoy!
Thank you so much for visiting the blog! As you know, this is an ad free blog thanks to your support on my commissionable links. If you need a new kitchen item, here are all of my kitchen essentials
These are absolutely AMAZING. I was first intimidated by all the ingredients, but it was so easy and a simple way to use up my sourdough discard! Huge favorite in my house.