Hormones change drastically during a woman’s life- ranging from first cycle to pregnancy to postpartum to menopause; some experiencing IVF, various other infertility treatments, hormonal birth control, and everything in between.. Throw in the stress of work, marriage, finances, kids, grandkids, etc etc and we realize we go through A LOT as women. As we age, our bodies progress into menopause that often occurs between 45-55. Technically speaking, it’s 12 months after our last cycle. As this occurs, our bodies make less estrogen.We can also lose our ability to regulate our progesterone and testosterone.
Over the years at Bowmar Nutrition, we have been asked quite frequently to come out with a supplement to help support the various symptoms that menopause brings and we are so excited to finally announce that we have a Menopause Multi-Symptom Support Vitamin!
What is Menopause
Per the Cleveland Clinic:
Postmenopause is a term to describe the time after someone has gone through menopause. When you’re in postmenopause, your menstrual period has been gone for longer than 12 consecutive months. At this stage in life, your reproductive years are behind you and you’re no longer ovulating (releasing eggs). The menopausal symptoms you’ve experienced in the past may become milder or go away completely. However, some people continue to experience menopausal symptoms for a decade or longer after menopause.
There are three stages of menopause: perimenopause, menopause and postmenopause.
- Perimenopause is the time leading up to menopause. It describes a time when hormones start to decline and menstrual cycles become erratic and irregular. You may start to experience side effects of menopause, like hot flashes or vaginal dryness.
- Menopause occurs when you’ve stopped producing the hormones that cause your menstrual period and have gone without a period for 12 months in a row. Once this has occurred, you enter postmenopause.
- Postmenopause is the time after menopause has occurred. Once this happens, you’re in postmenopause for the rest of your life. People in postmenopause are at an increased risk for certain health conditions like osteoporosis and heart disease.”
As your ovaries age and release fewer hormones, FSH and LH can no longer perform their usual functions to regulate your estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. These inevitable changes in your hormones and natural decline of estrogen levels during menopause can significantly affect your health for years to come
How Our Vitamin Will Help
Let’s breakdown our Menopause Multi-Symptom Support Vitamin! It is a two capsule serving and the bottle will last 30 days!
- Herbal supplement used to manage menopausal symptoms like hot flushes, insomnia (sleeplessness), night sweats, and vaginal dryness without affecting the female hormone levels. It is composed of Cynachum wilfordii extract, Phlomis umbrosa, and Angelica gigas (per published medical journal)
- Black Cohosh
- Used for menopausal symptoms, including hot flashes (also called hot flushes) and night sweats (together known as vasomotor symptoms), vaginal dryness, heart palpitations, tinnitus, vertigo, sleep disturbances, nervousness, and irritability (per published medical journal)
- DIM promotes the production of more beneficial estrogen metabolites (2OHE1), and discourages the production of problematic estrogen metabolites (such as 16OHE1). By helping the body maintain a more favorable estrogen profile, DIM may help mitigate the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause when the culprit is estrogen imbalance (per Dr. Jolene Brighten)
- Novasoy® Soy Isoflavones
- Soy isoflavones selectively bind to estrogen receptors. Novasoy® helps regulate women’s perceived temperature during menopause. Additional science for isoflavones has shown that plant-based Novasoy® can also provide benefits such as improved skin health (per ingredient website)
- Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice Root
- Believed to help relieve many of the symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes. Licorice contains phytoestrogens. These are plant-based compounds that mimic the effects of estrogen in the body
We truly hope this breakdown of our Menopause Multi-Symptom Support Vitamin was helpful! We hope our product helps you through menopause if that is where you are at in life!
Children, pregnant / nursing women, and women wanting to become pregnant should avoid any product with DIM unless otherwise instructed by your doctor.