My first time making jalapeño jelly and it was a hit! Josh’s grandpa makes it all the time but I finally made some myself. We went to the farmer’s market last weekend and I bought a pound of peppers for this sole purpose!
Please note- either wear gloves when handling peppers or wash your hands immediately after!
Ingredients (for one 20oz mason jar)
- 1lb jalapeños
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 packet pectin
- On a cutting board, slice jalapeños and remove seeds. Chop finely or add to food processor and dice- DO NOT puree them
- In a pot, add all ingredients and bring to a boil. Stir often until consistency is jelly-like
- Wait for the jelly to cool before adding it to your mason jar
- Lasts for one week in the fridge (unless you want to can them)