If you’re anything like me, you know how difficult it can be to get a toddler to eat. Some days I feel like she eats more than me and other days I feel like she hardly wants to eat at all. These no bake protein energy balls are the best way to get int some calories, protein, and nutrients! There are extremely delicious and I would be lying if I said I didn’t also enjoy eating them too!
As always, please consult with your child’s pediatrician prior to any supplement use!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, etc)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (add more / extra depending on how your mixture looks)
- 5 dates- pits removed
- 1 TBSP honey or maple syrup
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP hemp hearts
- 1 TBSP flax seeds
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (or flavor of choice)
- Toppings (optional): coconut flakes, more seeds from above, sprinkles, etc
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until everything comes together- you want the nuts to be be extremely small
- When done, take a TBSP of the mixture and make a ball, repeat with remaining mixture. Makes 12-15 depending on how much mixture you use
- Roll in various toppings if desired
- Store in fridge for 30 minutes before serving
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week (but they never last that long in our house)
Just FYI, too much protein for kids, especially toddlers can be dangerous. Unless they have specific medical conditions, protein powder is not necessary. If your child is picky and you are concerned about their nutrition, it is best to check with your pediatrician first before adding protein powder to their diet.
Which is why I specifically state above that you should discuss supplements with your child’s doctor. Thanks for the read!
Pediatrician here. PLEASE do not recommend giving protein powder to children. I understand you’re trying to push a product but please do not suggest supplements to parents when you don’t have a medical license.
I clearly state, on my blog, that you should speak with the child’s pediatrician. Thanks for the read!
Definitely going to try these! Tried your blueberry muffins and they were great. Toddler approve to me means the taste isn’t down graded just because they’re healthy ??♀️ So excited to make these!
Can’t wait to try! So far every recipe I have tried…are ALL amazing! So sorry people are cruel!! Keep ‘em coming! ??