Pregnancy has done quite the number on my food pairings. I have been craving a gourmet / fancy grilled cheese for weeks and I finally found a recipe I wanted to try! This is my own spin on what I found on Pinterest, I hope you like it as much as I did!
- 2 slices thick bread, I used my Jalapeño Cheddar Quick Bread
- 2oz crumbled goat cheese- per sandwich
- 2oz shredded mozzarella- per sandwich
- Honey to drizzle
- Butter to spread
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes – more or less, to taste
- Butter one side of each piece of toast
- Over medium heat, lay each piece butter down
- Add goat cheese and then shredded cheese on top
- Cover and let cheese melt for 5-7 minutes
- Remove from heat, smear melted cheese, drizzle honey and add pepper flakes
I prefer to eat as an open faced sandwich but you can do either! Enjoy this Goat Cheese and Honey Gourmet Grilled Cheese!
Thank you so much for visiting the blog! As you know, this is an ad free blog thanks to your support on my commissionable links. If you need a new kitchen item, here are all of my kitchen essentials