Whether you are on your way to a potluck, need something quick and easy to bring to the holidays, or going to tailgate- this is the perfect recipe for you! Obviously any sort of meat can be used to substitute the venison if you wish!
- 2lbs ground venison- browned
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1 jar diced tomatoes
- 1 jar salsa- of choice (I use restaurant style, mild)
- 32oz velveeta cheese
- Optional: sliced jalapeños
- In a saucepan, brown venison. Drain once cooked- do not rinse. Place back in saucepan and add appropriate water (whatever your taco seasoning packet calls for) and the 2 taco seasoning packets
- In a crockpot- all cheese and meat. Stir to combine. Set to high for 3 hours or low for 5. 1 hour prior to serving, add tomatoes, salsa, and jalapeños. Stir to combine
- Serve with chips, vegetables, etc and enjoy!
Thank you so much for visiting the blog! As you know, this is an ad free blog thanks to your support on my commissionable links. If you need a new kitchen item, here are all of my kitchen essentials.
Hey Sarah! This looks delicious! Have you reheated it in the microwave by chance? I wondered about the times- I wanna take it to work!
Yes! It is still so good reheated.