Whether you are on your way to a potluck, need something quick and easy to bring to the holidays, or going to tailgate- this is the perfect recipe for you! Obviously any sort of meat can be used to substitute the venison if you wish!
- 2lbs ground venison- browned
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1 jar diced tomatoes
- 1 jar salsa- of choice (I use restaurant style, mild)
- 32oz velveeta cheese
- Optional: sliced jalapeños
- In a saucepan, brown venison. Drain once cooked- do not rinse. Place back in saucepan and add appropriate water (whatever your taco seasoning packet calls for) and the 2 taco seasoning packets
- In a crockpot- all cheese and meat. Stir to combine. Set to high for 3 hours or low for 5. 1 hour prior to serving, add tomatoes, salsa, and jalapeños. Stir to combine
- Serve with chips, vegetables, etc and enjoy!