Fall is one of my favorite times of year- mainly because of all the pumpkin food. I won’t bore you with a 900 word dissertation on my love for pumpkin prior to the recipe- let’s just dive on it! Before beginning, please note, you will need either a blender or food processor!
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 yellow onion- chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional- pumpkin seeds to top
- In a skillet, add chopped onions, garlic, and 1/4 cup vegetable broth. Cook until simmering
- Let onions cool and add pumpkin and onions to blender or food processor. Blend until combined
- Add pumpkin mixture, coconut milk, 1 cup vegetable broth, thyme, salt, and pepper to skillet. Mix until combined and heated throughout- shouldn’t take longer than five minutes
- Let cool slightly before serving and topping with pumpkin seeds
It’s that easy- should take about 15-20 minutes and makes 4 reasonably sized bowls. I personally add a lot of himalayan salt to mine because I prefer it saltier but some may prefer the slight sweetness to the pumpkin- for this reason, I add majority of my salt after it’s divided into bowls. Please do NOT add hot onions to your blender and then try to blend, it will cause too much pressure and cause a huge mess in the kitchen.
Thank you so much for visiting the blog! As you know, this is an ad free blog thanks to your support on my commissionable links. If you need a new kitchen item, here are all of my kitchen essentials.