While in Hawaii, I had the most amazing golden milk latte and have craved one every single day since then. I wanted to make a healthier version with added protein and collagen. The recipe itself is very simple and can be enjoyed hot or cold- I personally prefer it over ice!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 TBSP coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 scoop protein frosted cookie
- 1 scoop collagen
- Prepare and measure all ingredients
- In a small point over low heat, warm almond milk and coconut cream. Whisk together and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla- combine using rapid mixer
- Add protein powder and combine using rapid mixer
- Add collagen last and combine using rapid mixer
- Pour into a mug and add ice if desired
- Sprinkle with black pepper
- Turmeric Powder- Curcumin (the active compound in turmeric) has extremely strong antioxidant properties. This helps with fighting cell damage and are essential for immunity. It can also help relieve pain and aid in digestion. The high antioxidant content can also help reduce the symptoms of cold and flu.
- Coconut Cream- in order to be digested, curcumin needs to be consumed with fats- which is where the coconut cream comes into play. Coconut cream is full of saturated (good) fats to give the latte it’s creaminess and pairs well with turmeric and other spices.
- Black Pepper- Curcumin is poorly absorbed in the bloodstream which why black pepper is included int his recipe. It enhances the absorption of curcumin by up to 2,000%. You cannot taste it in the latte and helps with the over-all purpose!
- This can also be enjoyed without protein or collagen or can be enjoyed with one or the other