Josh told me that this is a recipe our kids will make for their kids- it was that good!
As a note, we get our ground italian venison sausage made at our meat locker- I am sure you can do it at home with the right seasoning!
- 2lbs venison Italian sausage (ground)
- 1 box orzo pasta
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 purple onion- diced
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 3 10oz cans diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven, add oil, onions, and garlic. Cook until fragrant
- Add in ground venison and cook 5-6 minutes until browned
- Add tomatoes and broth, bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and add orzo. Cover and cook for 8 minutes
- Add heavy cream, stir, add salt and pepper and serve!
Thank you so much for visiting the blog! As you know, this is an ad free blog thanks to your support on my commissionable links. If you need a new kitchen item, here are all of my kitchen essentials