While this is called a stew, it turned out more like a super meaty chili- which we absolutely love in our household! It also used two different types of venison which was very nice to make a little room in the freezer. This recipe is also a crock pot recipe which is the best for busy families! I personally used venison but you can sub for any meat you want!
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 6 venison Bratwurst links- sliced
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 bag small white potatoes- chopped (or 4 medium potatoes)
- 1 15oz can pinto beans- drained
- 2 15oz can whole corn- drained
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground venison
- In a crockpot, add all ingredients together and mix. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 4-6 hours
- Serve with rice, cornbread, etc!
Thank you so much for visiting the blog! As you know, this is an ad free blog thanks to your support on my commissionable links. If you need a new kitchen item, here are all of my kitchen essentials.