This year we are not traveling for Christmas so we decided to make Christmas cookies for ourselves! The Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie is from my grandma’s kitchen and the Chrismas Cutout Cookie is from my mom’s kitchen. I hope you like them as they are our favorite holiday treats!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (makes 2 dozen)
1/2 c peanut butter
1/4 c powdered sugar
Blend until smooth
Chill until needed
1/2 c brown sugar packed
1/4 c sugar
1/2 c softened butter
6oz cream cheese- softened
1 t. vanilla
2 c flour
1/4 c cocoa
1 t. baking powder
Cream brown sugar, sugar, butter, and cream cheese until fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place on a greased cookie sheet and make a thumb imprint in center of cookie. Fill with 1 t of filling. Cover filling with extra cookie dough. Bake 350 for 9-12 minutes. Cool completely
1 c powdered sugar
1/2 c chocolate chips
1 t. milk
2 oz cream cheese- softened
Melt chocolate chips. Remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Blend well. Spread over cookies.
Christmas Cutout Cookies
4.5 cups all-purpose flour
0.5 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1.25 cup butter or margarine softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp almond extract
- Mix sugar and melted butter in a large bowl
- Add egg, vanilla and almond extract, and salt
- Gradually add flour until well blended (you can use an electric mixer or mix by hand)
- Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until firm
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease cookie sheets
- Roll half of dough on floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out cookies using 3.75-inch cookie cutters of various shapes, such as rectangles, circles, and hearts.
- Place cookies on prepared cookie sheets
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
Put powdered sugar into bowls corresponding with the number of colors of frosting you would like. Add milk slowly into each bowl until you have your desired consistency. Add food coloring.
You can add sprinkles or candies on top to decorate as desired!
Thank you so much for visiting the blog! As you know, this is an ad free blog thanks to your support on my commissionable links. If you need a new kitchen item, here are all of my kitchen essentials.