We absolutely love this recipe in the Bowmar household! What’s great is you can pack it with protein and it is very easy to get your kids to eat more protein and LOVE it. My niece (age 9) and nephews (ages 5 and 6) have enjoyed this treat so many times and they have no idea there is added protein. They also love helping to make this dessert and I am sure your kids would too. This is a crowd-pleasing, no-bake, easy recipe. It is a win for you and a win for those eating the Protein Reindeer Chow!
3 cups multi-grain cheerios
3 cups Chex cereal
3 cups pretzel pieces
3 cups peanuts
3 cups red and green M&Ms
20 oz white chocolate (melted)
3.5 tablespoons vegetable shortening
2 scoops Bowmar Nutrition Frosted Cookie protein powder
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper and set aside
- In a very large bowl mix together Cheerios, peanuts, pretzels, Chex, and M&Ms
- In a medium bowl melt white chocolate and shortening in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted
- Once melted, mix in one scoop of the Bowmar Nutrition Frosted Cookie protein powder
- Pour the melted chocolate over the dry ingredients and toss together until everything is evenly coated in the white chocolate. Spread mixture evenly on the pan and dust evenly with one more scoop of Protein Frosted Cookie.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Break up any chunks
- Store in air-tight containers (will last up to four weeks)
Note that you can switch up the color of M&Ms to make it a versatile celebration treat! I have made this for baby showers, Halloween, the fourth of July, etc. You can omit the protein if you want but I personally enjoy the added protein. It is super helpful for hitting your macros.
If you liked this protein-packed recipe make sure you check out my healthy dessert recipe app!
Thank you so much for visiting the blog! As you know, this is an ad free blog thanks to your support on my commissionable links. If you need a new kitchen item, here are all of my kitchen essentials.